For information or to schedule an interview with Anthony Ryan, director of sales and marketing for Ignatius Press, contact: Rose Trabbic, Publicist, Ignatius Press at (239) 867-4180 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Press Release, Jan. 4, 2017: “Powerful feature film about the life of St. Ignatius of Loyola now showing in select theaters”
- Review at EpicPew.com, Jan. 5, 2017, “This new movie about Ignatius of Loyola is beautiful and you must see it”:
I like to think of this movie as a superhero origin story, in the vein of the many Marvel movies that have come out in the past decade or so. … It is a masterpiece of God’s mercy, of metanoia and the drama of sainthood.
- Interview with Anthony Ryan on the Catholic Channel’s Seize the Day radio show. “This is an exceptional opportunity for Catholics to … make it their own event at their own local movie theater.” (Download the MP3 of this interview here.)
- Review at Catholic Exchange, Jan. 31, 2017, “St Ignatius Comes to the Cinema”:
The new two-hour biopic film “Ignatius of Loyola” is a veritable gift to the Catholic Church…. In short, this movie has it all: action … profound reflection … authentically pristine scenery … and ultimately, a sequential survey of the early days of Ignatius’ ministry….
- Review at Fathers for Good, Feb. 15, 2017, “The Inner Ignatius: New movie of Jesuit founder shows his depth and determination”:
Lavish when you would expect it to be spare, understated when you would expect caricature, a new movie on Ignatius of Loyola is both surprising and inspiring. . . . If you are like me, you will dream of a number of the movie’s more striking scenes by night, and debate in your mind the finer theological and psychological points of the plot by day.
- Review at The Catholic Thing, Feb. 21, 2017, “Knight of God: a Review of Ignatius of Loyola“:
A Catholic film that stands head and shoulders above any I’ve seen in years. It’s both truly Catholic and first-rate cinema.